about abuse alternatives
Abuse Alternatives offers a variety of services to our clients. These services include the following:
- Temporary, emergency shelter and emotional support to survivors and their children who need safety from violence in the home.
- In 1990 a Batterer’s Intervention Program, consisting of 24 weeks of educational group sessions for men and 24 weeks of educational group sessions for women (the men and women groups are separate), began to help adults who want to end violence/abuse toward their partner.
- Victim/Court Advocacy to help navigate thru the court system.
- Community/Professional Education and Outreach offered free-of-charge (although donations are always welcome).
- Volunteer Opportunities to help victims of domestic violence to regain their lives.